11.19.2016

Labor + Delivery

Labor and Delivery.

This is what makes up the nightmares of all of us first time preggers out there. We are excited to see our sweet little baby...


yet, at the same time terrified by how that is going to happen.

Of course, what makes it so much better are all the wonderful people out there who tell you their own horrible labor and delivery stories, or furthermore, the horror stories of their friends-sisters-friend, right?

Wrong.

Or maybe its the birthing class where you find out ALL THE THINGS that makes you feel prepared?

Nope.

To be honest, nothing can prepare you for that moment and to be honest as much as I tried not to be, I was scared, nervous, and anxious about what was ahead of me. But, it was in this precious moment of fear that the Lord painted me a beautiful picture of what I was about to do.

He showed me that pregnancy is choosing to endure pain to bring forth life. We know it is going to be painful and hard, but we do so willingly so that we can give life to our sweet babies.

Realizing this painted the most beautiful picture in my mind of the cross. Jesus willingly and joyfully walked into pain and suffering far beyond what I can possibly imagine, so that He might give his children (us) life again. So that we might be His forever.

Sometimes my mind cannot even comprehend this. That Christ, after having suffered such pain and death, conquered death so that we might have LIFE in Him.

That I, as broken as I am, have been delivered out of sin and into freedom.

That I am a daughter of the highest King.

And what is better still is that you can be too. I don't know where you are or what you have in your past, but I know that Jesus calls us to come to Him, broken and all, so that He can mend your soul and give you life forever with Him. All you have to do friend is ask and believe. Nothing else is necessary, wherever you are...

Come. I pray you are delivered into freedom with me.


"... but you have received the spirit of adoption as sons by whom we cry, "Abba Father"." 
Romans 8:15











No comments:

Post a Comment