12.30.2017

Walking in Strength




This past week I have started something new.

I am not really one to do lots of devotionals. I don't know why - there is nothing wrong with them, I just have always leaned towards studies or reading through the pages of my bible. But for Christmas this year I asked for this devotional that I had heard about through some new friends. 

But after hearing about it through these friends, I realized that I had absolutely loved this author from one of the podcasts I had listened to on "Risen Motherhood". (Sidenote: I am LOVING podcasts these days and can do another post on that later). There was just something about her episode that really struck me and stuck with me. First, being that she is the mom of SIX BOYS... what. Just crazy. But it was so sweet to hear her talk about her life and how she parents, etc. 

Then I found out that she is also an AMAZiNG artist. She does watercolors and sells prints, journals, etc. BUT what I loved the most was the combination of the two that I found. 

Her Devotional. Gracelaced by Ruth Cho Simmons.

This book is filled with her amazing artwork and her sweet wisdom that I absorbed so effortlessly during that podcast episode. 

So, this week I got started and have just been blown away at how the Lord is already using it.  

In my past post I had explained a little bit about our year. This transition has been hard... depleting, exhausting, and fulfilling because several times throughout the year I have realized I have nothing.. 

Nothing more to give. 

And it is out of this nothingness that I can fully lean into Christ and watch Him work. 

Ruth said it so beautifully, "We're to trust in the God who led His people into the desert so they might know the end of their power and the fullness of His provision. He's doing the same with us today." 

And He Provides. Always. 

It is when I am walking in weakness that I am really walking in strength. I am walking in the strength of the Lord. It is when I feel I have nothing, that I have everything. He has given me everything I need. He shines brighter when I have come to the end of myself because everything that you are seeing is Jesus. Not me. His strength, His kindness, His grace, His patience, His love. 

So wherever you are, in whatever season of life you are in, I pray that we would come to the end of ourselves so we can fully lean on Jesus and His provisions for today. So that He can fully shine through us. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."




To get the book or buy anything else from Ruth Cho Simmons here is the link. 


Also if you are interested in listening to her episode on Risen Motherhood you can do so here.



No comments:

Post a Comment