8.19.2016

Ooh Baby It's Hot Outside

Not sure if this has been made super clear, but...

IT IS HOT IN TEXAS. 

So as a someone who is very pregnant and only becoming more pregnant as the summer progresses, I had to ask myself "What does one who is getting increasingly large wear during these summer months?". Many people I have talked to about being pregnant in the summer had mentioned all kinds of awesome wardrobe choices: maxi dresses for the win and of course you have your maternity blue jean shorts and shirts. 

Now I don't know how other people like to shop maternity clothes, but my goal has been to purchase as many things as I can that can also be worn AFTER I deliver this sweet child. I just couldn't bring myself to drop so much money on maternity wear that you might not be able to wear again (only if you have a 2nd child around the same time that you were pregnant with the first one).

Here are the things in the "normal clothes" category that I have LOVED wearing. 
  • Maxi Dresses/Any comfortable "flow-y" dress - really stretchy ones. Not just stretchy around the belly, but around the upper area as well if you get where I'm going with this. 
  • Maternity Blue Jean Shorts - here are ones I bought at Target that I love. Pro: it doesn't have the belly band that can get super hot in the summer. Con: You have to wear longer shirts/tanks or you'll have some nice baby midriff showing. 
  • Stretchy shirts - this side split tee from Target has been awesome to wear (with a tank top under it of course) because it stretches with you but is super cute on people who aren't preggers. They have the same thing (with a little less split) at Walmart too. 
However, what I had not anticipated was not really being able to find workout gear to go on walks in (which also doubles as my everyday outfit for summer). Fortunately, my Lululemon running shorts have been able to fit me the whole pregnancy (praise hands), but I only have one pair. When you are walking and sweating in the Texas heat, you are definitely going to need more than 1 pair of shorts so I thought to myself, "no biggie, I'll just go buy a pair of maternity running shorts". 

Wrong. 

I don't know what people high up in the maternity clothing business are thinking, but they LOVE to sell some maternity yoga pants. I mean they. are. everywhere. And in every color. but NEWSFLASH... I don't know of any pregnant women that want to be walking around in tight fitted, long, yoga pants during the SUMMER. It's HOT people. I need some breezy shorts with some breezy tops to keep me all nice and cool before I completely melt away. 

I was so excited because this was the part where I was going to post the link to the amazing, breezy, loose, awesome, maternity workout shorts that I found at Target a little over a month ago. BUT, of course I just went to look for them and...

Gone. 

Nowhere to be found. 

I mean seriously?!?

They have some nice tight fitted ones, but those things just look like a sauna for my butt. Sheesh.

Hopefully, they come out next summer again for those of you who might be preggers in the summer time, but I guess for all those winter babes its fine because well.. yoga pants are awesome..

in the winter. 

As for workout tops I found that these Lululemon tanks worked fabulous for most of my pregnancy (up to about 7 ish months). And in case you are wondering about all of this expensive Lululemon gear- I am a gift card hoarder and ended up splurging at lulu earlier this spring.  These tanks were long enough on the front and the back to grow with me and they were super stretchy! They had more colors at the beginning of summer, but this is what they have now.

The other tanks I have loved are the men's tanks from Walmart. Yes. Walmart. They are loose and soft which is great for getting sweaty. And who doesn't love a nice big tank even when you are not preggers? They come in all colors and are FOUR DOLLARS. 

Amen. 

Check it out here.

Target shorts and Lululemon top at 30ish weeks pregnant! 



I will have to say though...  this week has been INCREDIBLE. I have thrown my hands in the air multiple times this week praising God for this amazing cool front we have had in Dallas. The A/C has hardly had to run, my grass is getting some good natural watering, and I am currently sitting on my couch in JEANS and not sweating. UNREAL. 

I think there's only one person dog who has not been thrilled about this week. Cool front = rain = shorter walks, not as much play time and the most dreaded of all... 

Thunder. 

Her current position is: 

Meanwhile, I am getting larger and slower by the day but only have about 4ish weeks left! Can't wait to meet this little man! Just praying he waits at least until his nursery is done - haha! Still a work in progress... but more on that later! 


Updated pic for those who are wondering. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment