9.07.2016

Nursery & Waiting

We are here! I am finally considered full term (finally) at 39 weeks and let me tell you we are READY. Besides the fact that these last 2 weeks are super uncomfortable (there's just no more room in there buddy- come out!), it has been fun spending time with my hubby and getting some last minute things done before our little man makes his arrival into the world!
  • Bags Packed (or as packed as they can be) - CHECK
  • Carseat Installed - CHECK
  • Place set up for little man to sleep - CHECK
  • Diapers - TRIPLE CHECK
  • Nursery finally finished (not that its super necessary those first few weeks but I think every momma probably wants to have this one checked off of her list) - CHECK
So, let's talk about this nursery business. First of all, deciding on anything while pregnant is, well,... challenging, but having to decide on how to decorate a nursery has just been almost too much to bear. I think I have changed my mind FIFTY MILLION TIMES and sent hundreds of pictures to my husband and family asking "What do you think about this???" over these past 9 months.

You can't blame me though - there are so many adorable options! So you have to ask yourself all the questions - Do you want a more neutral nursery so you can use it again? What about a theme? Elephants? Giraffes? Puppies? Aggies? Antlers? No theme? Brighter colors? Pastels? 

It was ongoing and I felt like I was NEVER going to be able to make a decision. 

The only thing I could really decide on was that I liked the idea of mostly neutral colors because those were things we could use again in a nursery with a second child regardless of gender, but also wanted it to have a boy feel. I ended up adding some pastel blues and greens and made it feel a little rustic/woodsy. 


Here's how it turned out. 



... of course miss thang had to be in the photos

  So needy...





Here're the stats on the room:
  • Crib - Ikea (before you freak out, it has an amazing safety rating according to Baby Bargains 2016 unlike their dressers- which should be anchored to the walls anyways)
  • Crib Sheets - Aden and Anais
  • Glider - Babies R Us  SIDE NOTE: After much feedback from new mommas on the glider,  the 2 things really suggested to me were 1.) that your glider has a tall back so that you can rest your head backward 2.) that it reclines for more comfortability. This glider has both of those things and I already love it! 
  • Stick decor - At Home 
  • Book Bins - TJ Maxx 
We love hanging out in there and of course, have been practicing our gliding skills...


Now that we have it all done, it is just a waiting game consisting of growing, spoiling the bear while she still has time, and spending some sweet quality time with my man. 

Something that I have realized in the waiting though is the twinge of anxiety and fear that pokes its head up every once in awhile. It's hard not to be a little anxious, nervous, fearful because everything is unknown. You can research ALL about labor and delivery (believe me, I have), but there is just no guarantee's on anything. 

Each person's experience is so unique in its own way because we were all made so uniquely different. My body is going to react differently than others. My baby might respond differently than others, be in a different position than others, etc. 

You won't know until it's time, but what is comforting is that the God of this universe, who made me and my sweet boy so unique, is completely in control. He stands outside of time and already knows how this is all going to play out. It's time now to trust Him. The One who loves me and my child so deeply is in control and I trust that His ways are greater. 

If this is you too, here are some scriptures I have been praying and meditating on that have helped me conquer those times of fear and anxiety. 

"Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever for the Lord God is an everlasting rock" Isaiah 26:3-4

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may rest upon me" 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you REST" Matthew 11:28


Hopefully next time I post I will have a sweet baby boy to post about! But for now... here we are losing sight of the toes and rolling off of couches/beds because, well, sitting up is nearly impossible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment